Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Birthday Post #13 ~ Take Breaks

Hiya dudes! How was your weekend? Mine was super busy, and actually serves as a good example for today’s lesson. 


Take breaks. Rest. Recharge.


Goals are freaking awesome. They help push us to achieve things we never would have otherwise. 


Part of balancing your life though, is knowing when to take a break. Knowing when you’ve reached a point in the journey of achieving your goal, when you need to take a break, and rest.


Some of the best journeys in life, ended short because there wasn’t enough time to rest. To recharge.


In a lot of ways, people are like batteries. We expel energy to accomplish tasks, and the more energy we out out, the faster we have to recharge. It’s an important step, and just like a phone battery, if you don’t recharge it soon enough, it’ll die.


I love this series of posts. It’s been a lot of fun, and I’m going to continue them. I lived today’s lesson this past weekend though, and gave myself a break, to rest. There was too much to do, so I prioritized, and gave myself a break, so I didn’t get burned out completely.


Honestly, it’s taken my many cycles of burnouts and over doing it to learn this lesson. Everyone has to learn it for themselves, because everyone has different limits and levels of energy. 


Don’t push yourself too hard. Push hard, but know when it’s becoming too difficult, and stop to rest and recharge. 


So, lesson #13: take breaks, rest, recharge.



No comments:

Post a Comment