Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Birthday Post #10: If It Feels Wrong, It Probably Is

Hiya dudes! Birthday post #10 today.


If it feels wrong, it probably is.


I'm sure you've heard something along the lines of "trust your gut" at some point. This is basically that lesson, and one I rely on heavily. 


I always try to follow my instincts, and my intuition has never, ever led me astray. I rely on The Holy Spirit to guide my intuition and shape my instincts, and He does, without fail. If I ignore my gut, I always regret it, every time.


Sometimes your gut goes against logic, but there's always a good reason. 


If there's something your gut is telling you is wrong, it probably is. There are always exceptions, and there's always the chance what you're feeling isn't actually your intuition/gut/instincts. It takes practice to know if it's legit, but once you do, it's a compass you can rely on.


Maybe someone is trying to be friends with you, but you get a weird feeling about them - something's just off. Trust that. 
Maybe you feel like you need to take a job that seems worse, but you feel better about - trust that, the other job probably has something going on you can't see from where you're at. 
Maybe the person you're dating is comfortable, but you don't really want to make it a forever kind of relationship, even though you feel the pressure to move forward - trust your gut. 
Maybe you want to date around, but your gut says wait for the right person, dating around would mess that up - trust it, you'll thank yourself later.


Whatever the situation is, if it feels wrong to do or go where you're facing, then walk away. On the flip side of that coin, if it feels like you need to do something, do it. If you're feeling led to call your aunt you barely know, do it. If you're feeling like you really need to go to the store right then, go. You never know what you're supposed to effect, but the universe/God/something needs you to listen, and follow your gut.


There are always situations where this isn't black and white, and there are other factors to consider. Still, most of the time, when it comes right down to it, your gut is probably already telling you where to go - your compass already knows, you just need to listen.


Lesson #10: if it feels wrong, it probably is. Aka, trust your gut. 



No comments:

Post a Comment