Monday, April 2, 2018

Birthday Post #2 ~ Chill Pill

Hiya dudes! Back with day 2 of 28 posts for my birthday month! 


Today, I'm going to talk about the lesson of the chill pill.


If you've never heard of a chill pill, heard the phrase "take a chill pill" or something similar, well, where have you been? 


In all seriousness though, it's a good lesson. I remind myself quite often to take a chill pill, and it really does help. It was a phrase used often in my parent's home when I was growing up, and it's carried with me into my adult life.


I think I mastered this lesson at a fairly young age, for the most part. Taking a chill pill is basically just that, you calm the F down, and chill out. It's a way of mentally and emotionally taking back the reigns of the current situation you find yourself in, generally to calm down. 


For example, as a woman, I have monthly PMS cycles that cause my body to have hormone spikes. I get moody, irritable, and lose patience for no good reason. When this starts up, I will actually tell myself, out loud, to take a chill pill. Inside, basically, I take a deep breath, let go of any negative emotion I'm holding onto, and relax. I stretch my neck out, and let go of the tension that always seems to be there, and let it go. 


I take a chill pill.


I've never had a situation where doing this has made things worse. In fact, every time I've ignored the need to take a chill pill, things have gotten far worse, every time. High emotions and irritability are never helpful, and a clear mind will always handle a situation better than one being fueled by frustration or negativity. Believe me, it's not always easy. Sometimes you do need to blow off steam and vent, but when dealing with other people, or once you've blown off that steam, it's time for a chill pill.

I have to say, the chill pill has definitely been one of the most important life lessons I've learned, and it's one I'll cling to til my grave. I hope it's one you'll adopt as well - trust me, it'll always help. If you find yourself in a situation where you're just snapping at everything, upset at little things, getting in fights, nagging or bickering with people, or getting irritated with things you can't change, that's your cue to take that chill pill.


Breathe, relax, let go of the negativity, and swallow that chill pill, man. You'll find a massive weight lift off your shoulders if you actually internalize the chill pill, and things will always improve. I promise.


So, lesson 2: take a chill pill, man.




No comments:

Post a Comment