Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Evil Starbucks Cups!!

Hiya, how are you?  Hopefully doing well :)

Ok, so unless you've been living under a rock the past couple of weeks, you've most likely heard the hullabaloo about the cups.  Starbucks holiday cups.


Apparently, the lack of decoration on them, has been taken as an "attack" on Christmas, and by association, Christians.

Cups.

Red cups.

Are you friggin' kidding me??

Gimme some fish, cuz people need to be smacked.*

What I want to know, is who was the first one to get offended by this.  Can someone point that asshole out, please?


The most ridiculous part about this being taken as an "attack" on Christianity, Christians, or Christmas, is the fact that previous decorations on Starbucks cups haven't even been related to Christianity!!!  They've been Santa sleighs, or bells, or trees, or snowflakes!  None of which are in the Bible, or have anything to do with the Christ-related part of the holiday!!


I just...agh!

People irritate me.


In case you're wondering, I am a Christian and *gasp* I'm not offended by the plain red cups.  I think they're cute.  I don't tend to get drinks from Starbucks, as I don't drink coffee, but if I end up in the mood for some white hot chocolate, I won't let some stupid cups stop me.

Sheesh.  This kinda crap is why people have heart-attacks at 50, and get cancer.  And why they think Christians are nutters with nothing better to do than cause drama.  People need to stop making mountains out of molehills, looking for offense where there is none, and stressing about nothing.  We have real issues to deal with - leave the cups alone!

K, I'm done.  Moving on.  Wanna join me? :)

What do you think of this "issue" and offense?  Do you plan to buy Starbucks?  More importantly, whatchya doing for Thanksgiving, since we aren't even in December yet? :P

*Smacking with a fish: This is a phrase we use around our house.  We joke about how people being ridiculous/mean/or have bad attitudes need to be smacked with fish.  Dead fish, if they are being particularly offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment