Monday, June 29, 2015

The Song Ed Sheeran Wrote For Hilary Duff

Hey everyone, Rose here.  What better way to start out the week, than with a music video??

So, if you haven't noticed - I like Buzzfeed.  A lot.  One of the things I like the most, are the videos. 

Well, I stumbled across this one in an amazing article the other day, and I just had to share it.  

Hilary Duff at the 2007 MuchMusic Video Awards...
Hilary Duff at the 2007 MuchMusic Video Awards red carpet. (Wikipedia)
Growing up, Hilary Duff was one of my inspirations.  She was for tons of girls my age, and with good reason!  She was sassy, confident, kind, generous, and a true good girl.  She was clumsy, but laughed about it.  She was dorky, but owned it.  She gave girls like me the licence to be themselves - flaws and all.  

To this day, I can't think of a better role model for young girls and young women than her.  If I ever had a daughter, I would encourage her to look up to the icon.
Hilary, in all her awesomeness, took several years off from showbiz, to make and spend time with her family.  She got married, had a little boy, and sadly ended up separating from her husband (which breaks my heart).  
She's put out a new album since then, but this single came out as well, and it's amazing.

English: Image of English singer Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran (Wikipedia)
I had no idea she hung out with Ed Sheeran - seriously, who doesn't he hang out with??  He's friends with like, everyone, and I'm not really surprised, cuz he seems awesome too.
Anyway, apparently he wrote this song for her, and she then made a video of herself singing it on her front porch - how amazing is that?!? :D

To honor one of my long-held role-models, I'm sharing her video today.  So much love goes out to her, and while my heart breaks for her, I can't help but love her even more. 



So, what do you think of this video?  Does it sound like something Ed Sheeran wrote?  Do you like Hilary too?  Don't worry, I won't get offended if you didn't like it, or don't like her - not everyone does.  I'm curious to hear what you think though, so let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for visiting, and please, share this post if you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment