Monday, June 8, 2015

I Am Also Not "That" Girl

Perfection.  Flaws.  Thin.  Fat.  Beautiful.  Ugly.  

These are all terms that tend to circle around in my head when I see magazines, or watch movies, or read articles in mainstream-media.

When I go to the mirror after having these words circling my head, I only see bad.  My "flaws" stand out and scream at me.  Voices whisper how I must be disappointing to my husband, because I'm obviously not good enough.  How I must secretly be the "ugly" friend of my various circles, and I don't know it.

The past few years, God has been working with me on a daily basis, to change the way I think.  To re-wire my brain, and re-focus my spirit.

This video really hit home with me - I Am Not "That" Girl.  It's not exactly how I feel, point for point, but it's close enough to stir emotions.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way - obviously, people are talking about it more and more.  So, for any other person out there who feels like they're not the idealistic "perfect" person/image/model, I hear ya.  This may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment